- What is Moodle Mobile
What is Moodle Mobile
Moodle Mobile is the official mobile app for Moodle. Browse the content of your courses, even when offline. Receive instant notifications of messages and other events. Quickly find and contact other people in your courses. Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device.
- Where can i get the Moodle Mobile App
Where can i get the Moodle Mobile App
- Operating Platform - Competitive
Operating Platform - Competitive
- Linking FNU Moodle to Moodle Mobile App
Linking FNU Moodle to Moodle Mobile App
After the Moodle Mobile App has been installed on your mobile devices, follow the following instructions to have it connected to you Moodle accounts at FNU Moodle Platform:
Quick Instructions for Moodle Mobile App Sign-In
1. Launch the app.
2. In the Site URL field, type: weblearn.fnu.ac.fj
3. Click Add.
4. A dialog box appears – “You need to log in to the site”.
5. If you successfully login, your device returns to the Moodle Mobile app, logged in with your account.
- What activities and resources does Moodle Mobile support
- Basic features of Moodle Mobile
- Moodle Mobile FAQ'S
Moodle Mobile FAQ'S
How can I get the Moodle Mobile app?
The Moodle Mobile app is available for free from Google Play and the Apple Store. See Moodle Mobile downloads for links. You can also install the app directly from your mobile device by searching for 'Moodle Mobile' with author/owner 'Moodle Pty Ltd'.
I can't get the app to work. What do I do?
The Moodle Mobile app will ONLY work with Moodle sites that have been set up to allow it. Please talk to your Moodle administrator if you have any problems connecting.
What permissions does the app require?
The app requires the following permissions:
- Record audio - for uploading to your Moodle site
- Read and modify the contents of your SD card - for content to be downloaded to your SD Card for offline access.
- Network access - to be able to connect with your Moodle site and check if you are connected, and if not to switch to offline mode.
- Run at startup - to receive local notifications even when the app is running in the background.
- Prevent phone from sleeping - to receive push notifications anytime.
I can't see my course on the app. What do I do?
Check with your course tutor that you are correctly enrolled.
Why can't I upload my assignment on the app?
Check with your Moodle site administrator.
Why can't I sometimes access the app or submit anything to it?
This could be because of interruptions in your internet connection. Wait a while and try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your Moodle site administrator.
Is there a space limit on my files?
Assignments will have a size limit which you can see. For other space limit questions, check with your Moodle site administrator.
Who should I contact for help with the app?
Your Moodle site administrator can assist you in getting the app to work correctly.
When are activities completed offline synchronized?
How can I enable videos in my course to be downloaded?
See the section 'Media download for offline usage' in Creating Moodle Mobile friendly courses.
Which course format is it best to use?
Topics or weekly course format is best suited to mobile devices.
Add YouTube links as a URL resource.
Why can't my students see their courses?
If you or an administrator have correctly enrolled them in a course, they can see it in their mobile app. If they are correctly enrolled but can still not see their course, ask them to check with your Moodle site administrator.
I can't mark assignments in the app?
Grading assignments is on the roadmap and will be available shortly.
What communications tools can I use in the app to engage with my learners?
See Mobile app notifications. Chat, forums and messaging are all supported by the app.
My protected Vimeo videos are not playing in the app
See this forum discussion with a workaround: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=327342
- Helpful Moodle Mobile Videos
Helpful Moodle Mobile Videos